The Myth: I’ve been to the campus for a tour before, therefore I don’t have to visit as an admitted student.
The Verdict: even though you’ve been to campus, it is helpful to visit as an admitted student as you consider carefully your admission offer.
What a time that is wonderful of! Admitted students recently heard they are part of the Trojan Family now it’s time for students to make the important decision of where to head to college. At USC, we have numerous programs for pupils to get one last appearance before they make their decision.
Often times pupils may think it’s useless in the future to campus in April should they went on a tour their junior or senior year. However, it could absolutely be worth your time to consult with campus in the context as a student that is admitted. You are coming to campus to consider applying to USC. Is this a possibility when you take a tour as a prospective student? Can I see myself right here? What information do I need to know about applying?
Visiting campus as an admitted student is an entirely different feeling and set of questions that need answers. At this point, USC is completely a possibility. We have extended an offer of admission, and now it’s time to simply take a serious and close look. Where would we be living? Who be my classmates? Which professors will be teaching my classes? What communities will I join? Visiting campus as an admitted student helps you answer those questions and start to visualize your potential experience at USC.
So come visit us! You’ll sign up for Explore (full day programs), Preview (half day programs), or Admitted Student Day throughout your online portal at you.usc.edu.
Can’t come to campus? We might be visiting a populous town near you! We realize that planing a trip to campus might be logistically hard, but we want to be sure to answer all your questions. Reservations for off-campus events can be made at also you.usc.edu.
Congratulations! On behalf of the working office of Admission, welcome to the Trojan Family. We desire to see you on campus!
Mythbuster: we’ve been admitted to spring, and so I’m waitlisted
The Myth: we’m a springtime acknowledge, and so I’m essentially waitlisted.
The Verdict: No! You’re admitted to USC!
Every USC admits students to the spring semester, expecting to enroll about 300-500 of those students year. Many people assume spring admission is our waitlist. And although we could possibly move a few of the students to the autumn semester, spring admission just isn’t a waitlist. Spring admission is an admission offer to USC.
Why do we do so? Well, every we know there will be students leaving in the spring semester by either graduating early or studying abroad year. We also employ a admission that is competitive at USC, and now shmoop pro we can never ever acknowledge every one of the wonderful students whom affect USC. So spring admission allows us to admit a lot more of the amazing pupils we want at USC because we understand we shall have more room available in the spring semester.
Spring admits aren’t any less important to USC than students admitted to the fall or students who transfer to USC after a couple of semesters of college elsewhere. Spring admits are just as much USC students as virtually any Trojan, and we wish them at USC as any other Trojan. Coming to USC in the spring permits you to start your college experience in a way that is unique. You can ease to the university change by taking classes at a community college that is local. You can explore the globe through a research abroad system. You could have a break through the grind and luxuriate in a few months off of school!
When you haven’t done so already, you should visit our website at www.usc.edu/springadmit. You will find a lot of information regarding the resources we have for our spring admits ranging from course planning the fall to purchasing USC football season tickets.
That you are an accomplished student and a wonderful addition to the Trojan Family if you are a spring admit, please know. We look ahead to welcoming you to campus spring 2017.
Dear Admitted Transfer Students…
Many transfer students are beginning to hear from us with choices. In the event that you have actuallyn’t already, don’t panic. We will contact everyone else by June 1st with either a request spring grades or even a decision. Which basically means more waiting…sorry. For anyone of you have got currently been admitted, or are wondering what the next steps will be in the event that you are admitted, this website’s for you personally.
- In your letter of admission, you have probably noticed that it says you will need to submit your Enrollment Commitment deposit by June 1st or within two weeks of getting your admission letter. This implies, if you get the admission decision before June 1st, you have until June 1st to choose. If you receive the letter after June 1st, you have actually two weeks to submit the deposit and form.
- Fill out the FAFSA while the CSS profile ASAP, if you don’t already completed. We usually do not want your ability to agree to USC become held up by educational funding. The earlier we have these documents, the faster we can get you the information.
- Submit your housing application. Although housing is not assured for transfer pupils, there is some availability. The earlier you apply, the greater the possibilities. You are able to submit your housing application before the dedication deposit. USC also has off-campus student housing, therefore do not forget to check those options as well.
- Register for Orientation 5-7 business days after your submit your commitment deposit. You shall receive an email with all the link.
- Send all final official transcripts from your own most recent term in college.
- Get SUPER excited because you’re a Trojan!
Of program, we are constantly willing to help. So us a call if you need anything, please just give!